Since 1941, Camp Sankanac has been offering a premier summer youth camp experience like none other. Of course, we offer all of the usual fun camp activities like campfires, sleeping under the stars, crazy games, crafts, waterfront activities, swimming, night games, and fun competitions. Camp Sankanac offers so much more! Camp Sankanac is open to boys and girls, ages 7-16, regardless of race, color, creed, or national origin.
Check out the different summer camp options!
This Year's Spiritual Theme
An epic battle is forming with two armies drawing close to the battle lines. The clash between the Philistines & the Israelites will go down in history as one of the most well-known battles of all time. God’s chosen people, the Israelites are faced with a determined army who boasts the most powerful and fierce man of war this world has ever seen. Goliath! Standing at around 9 feet tall, Goliath was a fearsome and experienced fighter who made great boasts defying God’s people, taking pleasure in mocking the God that they serve. Then there’s David… a young shepherd boy who was simply willing. Willing to put his life in God’s hands, willing to follow God and willing to be persistent with carrying out the plan God set before him, David was willing no matter how impossible it seemed. God’s plan was put in place and David approaches the front lines, boldly facing Goliath. The stage is now set for what will be the ultimate fight! We can’t wait to dive deep into God’s Word to see how God prepared David and delivered His people from the hands of the Philistines. God used a shepherd boy and a slingshot to slay a giant! What else can God do!? Our God is Able! And He can use even the most unlikely people to accomplish His plan!
Check out what you can expect to see at a week of summer camp!
- Mountain sized water slide – Imagine flying through the trees on our giant downhill waterslide!
- Kayaking, Canoeing, and Row Boating – Ever canoed using your hands for paddles?
- Archery – Discover your inner hunter.
- Survival Skills Classes – Do you know how to survive if you were lost in the woods?
- Creek Stomping – Just like it sounds, only muddier.
- Olympic sized pool – Waterslide, two diving boards, two basketball hoops…need we say more?
- Exciting chapel services to learn more about God and grow in your faith – the highlight of your week!
- Mission Impossible – Let’s just say it’s dark, it’s intense, and it’s in the middle of the night…
- Fishing – This could be the year you catch…the BIG one!
- Water game – Ever tried to tackle a greased watermelon in a swimming pool?
- Basketball, Soccer, Kickball, Hockey, Volleyball, Football and most importantly, Gaga Ball!
- Archery Tag