Roy and his wife Sheila have served at Camp Sankanac since 2002. After serving as the Director of Maintenance for 12 years, Roy has been serving as the Executive Director since 2012. Roy gives oversight to all that happens here at camp and insures that everything we do helps us in fulfilling our mission. Sheila shares in the ministry by serving as camp nurse whenever she is needed as well as a variety of other roles. Roy and Sheila serve alongside their three children, Cole, Kyle and Larissa.
- Favorite scripture verse: Ephesians 2:10
- How old were you when you became a believer in Jesus? Teenager
- One thing you’d love to do: I would love to travel to Hawaii and/or Alaska with my family
- Favorite place to eat: Red Lobster
- First job: I worked at the Steak Shop at Zerns
- Favorite place at camp: Along the French Creek back behind Lenape (Please don’t tell anyone. Too many people will ruin the peacefulness).
- What do you love most about working at Camp Sankanac? The diversity of jobs that each day can bring, and watching the Lord work in the hearts of young believers.
Dave and Brielle Stallard- Assistant Directors
Brielle Stallard – Director of Finance and Administration
Brielle has lived at Camp Sankanac her entire life and enjoyed being raised as a “camp kid”. Being the daughter of the previous camp director, Jan Coudriet, she enjoys continuing the legacy of ministry that her parents established here. Brielle has served as Office manager since 2007 and is responsible for registration, finance and other office (and non-office) related responsibilities. She also enjoys being the Secretary for The Call Outdoors ministry. Brielle loves watching her daughter, Ella, experience a similar childhood that she enjoyed and the whole family has been blessed by the safe arrival of Jordan in January of 2017.
- Favorite Bible passage: Hebrews 4:14-16
- Favorite worship song: What Wondrous Love is This?
- Favorite food: Italian
- Favorite season at camp and why: I love fall–camp is stunningly beautiful as the leaves change!
- First job at camp: Dishwasher at Traber Center
- Country you’d like to visit: Anywhere I can see the Northern Lights!
- Where you grew up: Right here at Sankanac!
- What you wanted to be when you were a child: Singer
- What do you like most about the ministry of Camp Sankanac?
This place is a place of peace and rest for so many…there is something about coming here and seeing God’s beautiful creation and being away from your typical surroundings that draws your focus to higher things. It’s the perfect setting to dig into God’s Word and learn more about Him. One of my favorite things is seeing campers who are long past camper age return to camp and reminisce about all that God taught them at camp and how those truths impacted them throughout the entire course of their life. No matter the setting, no matter your surroundings or circumstances, God’s truth never changes. For generations, this simple and life-changing message has been communicated to campers and guests. It’s awesome to see campers, staff and alumni apply God’s truths to their lives bringing about restoration, encouragement and strength to face each day.
Dave Stallard – Director of Programming, Recruiting, and The Call Outdoors
Dave Stallard has been serving at Camp Sankanac since 2007. The Call Outdoors is a ministry of Camp Sankanac to hunters. From game dinners, to hunting videos, to guided hunting trips, TCO has seen hundreds of individuals come to faith through their outreach events. Dave also directs boys’ basketball camp each summer. Dave and his wife Brielle serve alongside their two daughters Ella and Jordan.
- Favorite Bible passage: Rev. 21
- Favorite worship song: In Christ Alone
- Favorite food: Mashed Potatoes
- Favorite season at camp and why: Fall & Summer. Fall is the most beautiful time to be at camp. Summer is a time to spend with all the kids!
- First job at camp: Pulling weeds out of all the flower beds at Traber Center.
- Country you’d like to visit: Israel
- Where you grew up: Clarks Summit, PA
- What you wanted to be when you were a child: A professional Basketball player.
- What do you like most about the ministry of Camp Sankanac? Being a part of growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
Jeff and his wife Debbie have been serving at Camp Sankanac since 2011. Jeff works hard keeping our facilities functioning properly and in excellent condition. As a team member of The Call Outdoors (TCO), since 2007 Jeff has led countless individuals to faith in Jesus through that ministry. Jeff and Debbie have also served as mentors to our summer support staff. Additionally, Debbie uses her creativity and photography skills to help capture all that goes on here at camp. Jeff and Debbie serve alongside their son, Jake.
- Favorite scripture verse: Isaiah 53:5, John 3:16-17, Romans 10:13
- How old were you when you became a believer in Jesus? 8
- One thing you’d love to do: I would love to visit Israel as a family.
- Favorite place to eat: Friendly’s, Red Lobster, and Camp Mill in the summer.
- First job: I worked as a dishwasher at the Peddler Inn Restaurant
- Favorite place at camp: Main Camp in summer time, Old Field in off season
- What do you love most about working at Camp Sankanac?
1) Watching men come to the Lord through game dinners and challenging them at Father/son weekend events through The Call Outdoors ministry
2) Seeing kids come to know the Lord and grow in that relationship through summer camps and retreats
3) Helping the summer support staff mature in their walk with the Lord and the many off season visits we get from them.
In conclusion, what is not to love when you are following God’s will for your life?
Erin Hallman– Director of Food Services
Ben and His wife, Erin were both campers and counselors at Camp Sankanac in the past. Ben served on full time staff from 2002-2008 as part of the maintenance crew. They returned to camp to serve full-time in 2014. Ben serves on maintenance; taking care of all the facilities and keeping the grounds looking good. Erin is Camp’s Food Service Director overseeing our Summer Camp Kitchen as well as our off-season retreat groups that have meals scheduled. They both play a vital role at camp making sure our campers and staff are fed and energized throughout the summer and have a safe environment to enjoy camp to its fullest! Ben and Erin serve alongside their two boys; Jacob and Samuel and their daughter, Kate.
- Favorite Bible passage: Micah 6:6-8
- Favorite worship song: It is Well with My Soul
- Favorite food: Anything my wife makes
- Favorite season at camp and why: Winter – I love snow
- First job at camp: Counselor in Creekside
- Country you’d like to visit: I have no desire to travel overseas
- Where you grew up: Gilbertsville, PA
- What you wanted to be when you were a child: A police officer or doing some sort of construction
- Favorite Bible passage: This is very difficult to answer, but one of my favorite passages to study is Romans 12.
- Favorite worship song: Love some of the old classics like Great is Thy Faithfulness, It is Well and In the Garden
- Favorite food: Any kind of cheese, anything smothered, dipped, bathed in cheese!
- Favorite season at camp and why: Fall for the beauty of the changing season and spring for the signs of new birth and the anticipation of a new summer of campers!
- First job at camp: Camp Counselor in the Pawnee cabin
- Country you’d like to visit: Of course, Northern Ireland!
- Where you grew up: Barto, PA
- What you wanted to be when I grew up: A teacher…I played school all the time!
- What do you like most about the ministry at camp? I love to hear the heritage and years of faithful ministry that so many men and women have carried on in years past and the eternal impact it has had on campers year after year – to see generations of families return and speak of the Bible truths they learned while coming to camp is just awesome!
Phil & his wife, Leah, have recently moved to Sankanac. Phil is serving the Lord full-time on the maintenance team and helps with IT support. He is also a long-time team member of The Call Outdoors ministry and looks forward to continuing to serve in that capacity. Phil became a full-time BCM Missionary in May of 2016 and is excited to be in full-time ministry at Sankanac.
- Favorite Bible passage: Habakkuk
- Favorite worship song: Be Thou My Vision
- Favorite food: Chick-fil-A
- Favorite season at camp and why: Fall, because of the cooler temps and the changing of the leaves.
- First job at camp: Maintenance
- Country you’d like to visit: Israel
- Where you grew up: Clarks Summit PA
- What you wanted to be when you were a child: Professional basketball player
- What do you like most about the ministry of Camp Sankanac? The best thing about Camp Sankanac is being able to pour into the next generation of kids through the outdoors.
Lisa has been serving on our summer staff since 1993. In 2015, she stepped into our year-round Guest Services ministry. Lisa serves churches, organizations and individuals who are looking to host events and retreats at our facilities. Her responsibilities include fielding questions, booking facilities, coordinating with our staff team and making sure both our customers and staff are all prepared for the event. Whether it’s a wedding, family reunion, class trip, church group, mission organization or company gathering, Lisa welcomes guests to our facilities with a servant’s heart and ensures that they are comfortable as they experience the peace and rest that Sankanac facilities and grounds provide.
- Favorite Bible passage: John 15:1-5; John 10:7-10
- Favorite worship song: “Jesus Paid It All”
- Favorite food: burgers, ice cream, & pasta
- Favorite season at camp and why: Summer is my favorite season because all the campers are here, but I also enjoy the fall because Camp is at its peak of beauty.
- First job at camp: receptionist
- Country you’d like to visit: Germany
- Where you grew up: Pottstown, PA
- What you wanted to be when you were a child: It depended on the day: author, lawyer, and school bus driver.
- What do you like most about the ministry of Camp Sankanac? I think Christian camps are the best way to share Jesus with youth. The kids are removed from distractions & worries, and they can just be kids. They get to be with people who share God’s love with them.
Mark and his wife Leslie have been serving at Camp Sankanac since 2007. Mark serves as our Director of Host Ministries at the Traber Center. He is our head chef and does an excellent job of creating fantastic meals for our guests. Mark ensures that each guest has a great experience while staying at Traber.
- Favorite scripture verse: John 1:1
- How old were you when you became a believer in Jesus? early 30’s
- Favorite place to eat: favorite changes monthly, so probably my house
- First job: I worked pumping gas
- What do you love most about working at Camp Sankanac? Doing what I love for great people
Jonelle Tholan – Housekeeper
Jonelle has been serving at Camp Sankanac since 1998. Jonelle serves as our housekeeper at the Traber Center and our Main Camp facilities. Her expertise is making sure every aspect of those facilities is in great shape for our guests. Jonelle plays an invaluable role in making sure our guests have a great experience at Camp Sankanac.
- Favorite scripture verse: Psalm 139
- How old were you when you became a believer in Jesus? 7, accepted Christ at camp
- One thing you’d love to do: travel to Finland to see where my mother’s ancestors lived
- Favorite place to eat: the Pit Stop
- First job: newspaper deliverer
- Favorite place at camp: The waterfall
- What do you love most about working at Camp Sankanac? That it is ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD. I had wanted to work at a Christian camp since I was a little girl
Travis Emmett- Intern
Travis has been involved with Camp Sankanac since 2015 when he served on Sankanac’s summer camp staff team. Travis returned to work year-round for Sankanac at the beginning of 2017 and is currently serving in a year-long internship program through City Vision University. Travis enjoys serving in various roles around Camp Sanknanac while pursuing his degree in nonprofit management.
Favorite book of the Bible: Ecclesiastes
One thing you would like to do: Start my own nonprofit that focuses on helping bring together other nonprofits and faith-based ministries to work together to be more effective and efficient through collaboration and innovation.
Favorite thing about Camp Sankanac: Being able to share the gospel and help disciple and train the next generation of Christian’s.