Dear Friends of Sankanac,
For some time now it has been a dream of the leadership of BCM and Camp Sankanac to build a gymnasium. We feel the timing is right to move forward on this project. We ask that you would prayerfully consider partnering with us to raise the funds necessary to build this project for the glory of God and advance the ministries of Camp Sankanac.
Camp Sankanac Gymnasium:
Value added plan:
- Create a large indoor multipurpose building to accommodate indoor space to conduct sports or large group gathering space for worship, assemblies, etc.
- Add additional dormitory space to accommodate up to 40 additional guests in connection with the Traber Retreat Center or Main Camp Retreat Center.
- Locate this building so that in can be used as a stand-alone location (day-use event), or in combination with The Traber Center or Main Camp without activities being a distraction from any other part.
New ministry potential:
- Develop evangelistic outreach sports leagues; Youth and adult leagues that use sport activities such as basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer and archery to draw the local community in and share the gospel during halftime devotions.
- Host sportsman dinner outreaches featuring our Call Outdoors Ministry.
- Host local Christian Schools sports practices and games.
Enhance Existing Ministries:
- Provide a safe place to house activities in bad weather during the summer camping season. Currently we have limited space options to take campers during rain and thunder storms.
- Provide indoor activity space for off-season retreat groups. We currently lose potential retreat rentals due to the lack of gymnasium space. It is difficult to program a large group for the weekend without some conditioned indoor activity space.
- Provide a large enough space to gather our entire camp for worship and devotions. As our registration grows we are no longer able to house the entire camp at one indoor location (formerly The Chapel).