Camp Sankanac is owned and operated by BCM International. Camp Sankanac is dedicated to the purpose of encouraging youth and adults to accept Christ as Savior and Lord and to lead them to mature in their Christian walk. This purpose is carried out through summer camps, educational programs, and weekend retreats.
Retreat groups must function in accordance with the purpose and goals of Camp Sankanac. Plan your retreat with a specific purpose and center everything with the idea of meeting this goal.
Retreat Planning Pointers
- Identify your specific goal and it's objectives.
- Communicate your goal to the staff at Camp Sankanac so we can help you meet this goal.
- Plan your entire retreat, program, departures, arrivals, meals, free time, cabin times, etc. as well as any other organized activities that you might have.
- Ensure that each person understands the purpose of the retreat as well as the rules and guidelines of Camp Sankanac.
- Always plan on post-retreat follow-up
- Remember that communication is essential. Your cooks, speakers, cabin leaders, drivers, church leaders, insurance company, etc. all need to hear from you regularly before and after the retreat.